Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Front Door Decor

A New Year calls for new front door decor!

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for a new wreath, but I knew that I wanted to use my new wooden monogram that I got for Christmas!

I ventured off to Michael's Craft Store in search of inspiration one day after work.  When I walked in to the store I saw that all of their Christmas items were 70-90 percent off! I got excited and started looking at everything and that's where I found the leopard flowers.  I was able to get them for around $1 each!  A great deal!

I got to work this past weekend and here's how I did everything....

I used a grapevine wreath and spray painted it two colors. Spray painting brae vine wreaths make me happy!  It gives them a fun, new look!

Here are the colors that I used...

Then I painted the monogram that I got for Christmas with a basic acrylic paint.

That was the most tedious part of the entire project.

Then I grabbed my very pretty, yet cheap flowers that were on sale and stuffed them into the wreath.

I then secured the painted monogram with some ten pound test fishing line...thanks to my husband!

I think this is one of my favorite wreaths that I have ever made and it was SO easy to do!

Hope you enjoyed my craft lesson for the day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment