Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

 
I feel like the picture below sums up mine and my Dad's relationship...
 
 
I'm looking at him saying....don't let me cry!  And he's looking at me smiling and telling me that everything is going to be okay!   I've always believed him when he's told me that.
 
That's just who he is.  I think he got it from his Momma!  :)
 
My Dad is the best!
 
He's been there for me through the thick and thin in life...always there with an encouraging word...or telling me how goofy I am.  Ha!
 
He's done a lot for me and my family and I know that we could never thank him enough.
 
He's been my coach...thanks for teaching me how to throw and pitch a softball.
He's been my teacher...thanks for teaching me all about Biology.
He's been my driving instructor...thanks for teaching me how to drive...and for buying me a car, too!  I love Betty!
He's been my fishing coach...thanks for teaching me how to catch 'em!
He's been my cheerleader...thanks for cheering me on at all of my softball, tennis, and basketball games.
He's been my music director at church...thanks for showing me how to worship...even though I was never on pitch!  Make a joyful noise!  :)
He's been my financial provider until I got married....thanks for the thousands upon thousands you spent on me and my sister!
Most importantly, my Dad is one of my best friends...thanks for always being there for me!  Listening to me, encouraging me, pointing me in the right direction, and always pointing me to Trust in the Lord! 
 
I'm so thankful that God chose you and Mom to be my parents!  I wouldn't be who I am today without the two of you!  Thank you both for everything that you have done for me.  I love you both very much!
 
 
 
See you both soon!  xoxoxo!
 
Love,
Your Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment