Monday, September 19, 2011

100,000 Miles with Betty :)

Betty is my car.

She is my 2002 Black Honda Civic.

We love each other.

A lot.

She has been with me through thick and thin.

We've seen it all.  She's been with me since I was 16.  I'm just two months shy of 26 now.

Not long ago we made it to 100,000 miles with each other.

It was a fun event.  I don't think there are many people that could say this about their car...that they have driven 100,000 miles with it.

Preacher Man and I were on our way back home to Tennessee when this exciting event occurred.  Or at least I thought it was exciting...he didn't seem to think so.

I, on the other hand acted like it was a New Year's Eve countdown.  I even called and sent out texts to people when she got to 100,000.  :)  Ha!

And I might have even took pictures too!

99,876....getting close...


Preacher Man got annoyed with me taking pictures so I stopped.  But it didn't stop me from counting down from 5!  :)

99,995...



99,996...



99,997...  (please excuse my dusty dash board)



99,998...



99,999...



100,000.....Happy New Year....or Happy 100,000 miles, Betty!!!  Hooray!  :)

Let's look at it another time....



Hooray!!!!

Betty is the bomb.  I just love her.  This past weekend we dropped some cash on her to get her a new timing belt so she can go another 100,000 miles.

Many memories have been made with Betty.

I drove her to high school.
I drove her when I graduated high school.
I drove her to college at UT.
I drove her when I graduated college.
I drove her to my first big girl job.
I drove her on the day I got married.
I drove her to North Carolina (well Preacher Man drover her over here).

She's been with me during many huge mile stones in my life.  It's like we're best friends.  She hears me when I talk to myself while riding down the road and also when I decide to start singing at the top of my lungs (on key of course...I'm an awesome singer)!  ;)

So this one's for you Betty and also for you, Mom and Dad.  Mom and Dad, thanks for buying Betty for me.  I can't thank you enough for her.

And to you, Betty....thanks for the memories....here's to another 100,000 miles!

Lots of Love,
The Preacher's Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment