Monday, October 10, 2011

just because...

Flowers are so fine,
they really blow my mind.
Especially when they are free,
and they're for me.

:)

So I have a story for you.

I have never had neighbors that live in the townhouse beside me and Preacher Man.  One night I came home and noticed that there was this gorgeous bouquet of flowers sitting in front of my non-existent neighbor's front door.

See below...


So pretty, right?!

So I walk in the door at my house and ask the hubster if he knew anything about them.  He had no clue and hadn't seen them since he'd been inside the house for the second half of the day. 

I began to think that the our humongous pet dogs, also known as man-eating beavers,  might come and knock them over and try to eat them so I thought that I should do something with them.  And not to mention all of the deer that run around our parking lot at night that like to eat every one's plants and flowers.  (You'd think we lived in the forest with all of the wild life that we have!)  So because of all of those thoughts I decided to bring the flowers in and call the florist the next morning to tell them about my neighbors that I don't have that they delivered flowers to, you know the people that don't exist.

So that's what I did.  The next morning I called the florist and told them what happened.  I spoke with a man at the flower shop and he said that he would investigate and call me back later.  Four hours went by.  I didn't hear anything.  So I called back.  I spoke with a different person and told them the story.  The lady put me on hold, did some research, came back on the line and told me to keep the gorgeous flowers and enjoy them.

I was quite thrilled to say the least!

Free flowers = Awesome highlight of my day!!



So I kept the gorgeous flowers on my table and enjoyed them every day...just because.  Just because I was at the right place, at the right time.  And just because the bank who helped the people who used to live in the house that is beside us never changed their address with the bank when they decided to have a baby girl!  (Did you get that?!)

Just because.

I can handle it.

But I sure hope that the new parents got some more flowers!  :)

Loving the "Just Because's" in Life,
The Preacher's Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment