Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Minor Mishap

First off, Happy Birthday to my wonderful Nana!!  I love you so much and hope that you have a wonderful day!

We had a minor mishap in the house today.

Just a small one you'd say.

Take a look below:


You know that glorious stuff they call "puppy chow"?

That stuff with chocolate, peanut butter, and chex mix all coated with powdered sugar?

Yes, that glorious stuff!  :)

Well we had a minor mishap in making it today.

You see we are going to Preacher Man's Work Christmas Party tonight and I thought it would be nice to make everyone a small treat.  So we went to Wal-Mart this afternoon to grab the supplies, along with some other stuff, and rushed home to get it made in time for the party.

We got the chocolate and peanut butter melted and we were ready to coat the chex mix.

Every time I have ever made the yummy puppy chow I have always used a trash bag to make it.

Well this time we used a trash bag.  I insisted that everything would be find when my honey asked me if it would be okay.  I had him talked into thinking that everything would be fine.

Just fine.

Fine, I said.

I've done this a bunch of times!

So he volunteered to shake the bag and I poured the chocolate.

And this happened on the first shake:


See all that chocolate goodness?


Nnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I wanted to cry.

I got a little mad at myself.

I tried to save it.


So I told the hubby to grab the Hefty bags because they were hefty and we were going to get this job done.  (I don't know what i was thinking since more than half of my chocolate was on the kitchen floor...I was just determined.)

Welllllllllllll this is what happened with Hefty:


Not so hefty.  Or maybe my chocolate was too hot?!  Ya think?
(You can see how much of a hurry we were in if you look at the counter...we didn't even unload our groceries....we had to get this made and get it made fast!)

We did manage to save some of the chex mix with some of the chocolate. 

But as for now we have this on our floor:


And we're going to the party empty handed, with no puppy chow to give.

And my husband decides to eat puppy chow off the floor.


Luckily he mopped the kitchen last night.  And I reckon we'll be mopping again late tonight after the party.

And don't say anything about his style and outfit of choice.  That's why I married him.  :)


I'm happy we have a sense of humor.  Maybe I'll get my puppy chow made sometime.

As for now we're off to eat with our friends and then to the party....

Until next time,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment