Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Calm AFTER The Storm

My drive home from work  today was a little bit longer than normal.

Like almost 2 hours long.  :/

A huge storm came about when I got almost halfway home tonight.  It was terrible!  I was on the interstate with all of my other "driver friends" and could barely see the car in front of me.

We were all driving about 30 mph with our flashers on.

When the rain got so hard that I could hardly see the flashers in front of me I decided I'd better get off the interstate.

So I got off and pulled into a gas station and sat there for about 30 minutes.

And the rain came down,

down,

down,

and it came down sideways.

It was a doozy of a storm.

It finally started to slack off and I was able to get back on the road. 

The sky started lightening back up with the sun and eventually this popped up below:





An entire rainbow!

It was so beautiful in person!  These pictures don't do it justice.

(Don't worry, I took them while I was at a traffic light!)

Today when I saw this rainbow I thought about how God is so faithful and always beside me holding my hand.

He is with me during the scary, bumpy, strong storms in my life and he's also there with me through the times when life is going good.  He always sees me through the different stages of my life and for that I'm grateful.

I'm thankful that my hope is in Him and I pray that you have that hope as well!

Even though it was a tough drive home, I'm glad that God kept me safe, reminded me of His love for me, and showed me His gorgeous artwork.

Hope you have a great day!

Love,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment