Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Getaway to Wilmington

Our 2 year wedding anniversary was at the end of the month this past July.
 
We decided to get away for the weekend and head out to Wrightsville Beach and to Wilmington.
 
We had a great time!  We enjoyed the beach, downtown Wilmington, our cute little bed and breakfast that we stayed in, good food, and getting out of Wake Forest for a bit.
 
Here are some pictures from the weekend...
 
We started the day out on the beach with a picnic and enjoyed watching others on the beach.
 
Neither one of us got in the ocean either--which is very rare especially for my husband, but not for me.  He did test out the waters to see how cold it was.
 
 
I also read Southern Living while I was on the beach and came across two wonderful ideas!
 
The first idea was for my Dad to buy some chickens!  Southern Living had a huge spread in their magazine about families who owned chickens and loved having them as pets and also for their eggs.  My Dad just retired and I thought this would keep him entertained since he's not working anymore.  I'm still trying to talk him into it.  I think it'd be great!  I also found the idea to make watermelons on a stick!  I tested this out at work and it was a huge hit!  They were super cute!
 
We also explored downtown Wilmington where our Bed & Breakfast was located.  We were within enough walking distance to walk downtown and see the battleship and check out some shops.

 
We also liked the pier.  It was a cute little place to walk around.  It ended up raining on us when we went out to dinner but that didn't stop us from waiting it out.  We ended up swinging on the front porch at our Bed & Breakfast until it passed.

 
I'll have to say that I felt pretty special when we got back to our room and they turned down our sheets for us.  Too bad we didn't have any chocolates on our pillows.  :(
 
It's the little things that I get so excited over!  :)

 
The next morning we had a great breakfast with some other couples that were staying  there.  The breakfast was good and I was proud of my husband for eating French Toast with Cranberry Syrup all over it!  :)  He still didn't touch the fruit on his plate.  :(

 
We topped off our weekend by coming back home and eating at The Cheesecake Factory!  We love that place!  And the best part about our experience there, aside from the Mac and Cheese Balls, was that we got a $10 off coupon for our next visit!  Whoo hooo!!!
 
We had a fun weekend getting away and I can't wait to go back again!
 
If you ever get the chance to visit Wilmington, I'd highly recommend it.
 
Love,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment