Saturday, December 14, 2013

He Did It!


Jon graduated with his undergraduate degree!!!

I couldn't be more proud.  If the picture above doesn't speak for itself, I don't know what will.  (Please look at the man to the right of the picture...hahaha!  I wish I knew what he was thinking!)

It has been a great journey that we've had here and I'm excited about the next couple of years while Jon pursues his master's degree.  I'm sure the Lord is going to do great things and will teach us a lot during this time period.  We've already learned so much during these past three years here.

We had an AMAZING graduation weekend here in Wake Forest.  We are EXTREMELY blessed to have the families that we have.  Both of our entire families came this weekend and it was such a joy to have everyone here together at such a special time in our lives.

Here's a recap of the lovely weekend that started on Wednesday night...

Jon's Mom, grandmother, sister, niece, and nephew showed up on Wednesday night.  

When Addie Mae arrived the party started.

We started with baking chocolate chip cookies...



She is the best little chef!  She even wore one of my aprons.  She looked adorable and was such a great helper in the kitchen all weekend long.  She's going to make a great chef one day.  We also had several dance parties in my kitchen...because that's what you do when you bake.  :)


On Thursday, Jon surprised Ethan with a trip to the UNC Basketball Museum.  They went to the Museum first and then went over to the basketball arena to see if it was open.  Lo and behold, it was!  They even got to go on the court and shoot a few baskets and take pictures.


I hate that I missed it even though I'm a Duke fan.  I would have loved to have been there!  They were both on cloud nine when they got home.

Friday was the big day for Jon!

Here is our view from our seats in the Chapel...


Here we all are anxiously waiting....we had a whole row full for Jon!


There he is!!


And here he is walking across the stage...


And here's all of the fun after...

Jon with David, Jennifer, Ethan, and Addie Mae...


My Dad must have said something funny...


Jon and his parents...


Jon and Ma...


Here we are with my side of the family...


And here we are together...


Jon and his Mom...


Jon and his Dad...


Jon and his sister...


My Mom made me do this...


I was happy!


Jon, Ethan, and Addie Mae...


My parents...


The entire family....


I LOVE this picture and can't wait to frame it!  It's both of our hearts in one picture!  Awwww!

After the graduation ceremony, we headed to Red, Hot, & Blue...a delicious BBQ restaurant.


We stuffed ourselves full of delicious food and then Jon opened his presents...

Here is Ethan giving him his gift...


My sister got him some new North Carolina apparel...



because my parents surprised him with tickets for us to go see a North Carolina Basketball Game!  (He's never been before and this has always been a dream.)



He was VERY excited to say the least...


Obviously I got teary-eyed after my Dad told him how proud he was (Mom just snapped the camera at the right time....and to beat it all, I didn't think I would cry, but I think I cried the most that day.)


A HAPPY camper!

Ma's card...


Jennifer and David got him a new computer bag...


He seemed a little confused by the gift, BUT then...

here comes Jerry with his and Nancy's gift...


A NEW computer!!!


Hooray!!!  He was over the moon!


I'm so glad he's received his gifts now because I've had a hard time keeping all of these things to myself.  

After lunch we came back to our place and had one of the most delicious cakes I've ever had!  It was a beautiful cake from the Fresh Market.  It was so pretty and delicious!




Later that night, I cooked up some finger foods and we spent the evening playing and chatting with one another.  It was a perfect weekend and we're so thankful for the support that our family has given us throughout this journey and our entire lives.  We couldn't ask for better family!  We love you all so much and had such a fun time with you all this past weekend!  We are blessed by our wonderful Lord!

And here's what I'll leave you with...

Since Jon has a new computer we decided to have a little fun playing with a program called Photo Booth.  Me, Jon, and my sister had the best time playing with this program.  We were all laughing so hard that we were crying....and I mean crying hard.  It was the perfect "cherry on top" of our weekend.

Enjoy mine and Jon's pictures!  I can't wait to show you mine and my sister's photos later!





Lots and lots of love,
Katie (& Jon, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment