Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Beginning of 2015 to Now--Part 1

The beginning of 2015 came with a lot of snow!  A stressful job with a lot of snow isn't fun!  I ended up having to spend the night at my job two times.  It was definitely tough and not fun at all, but I made it through it.  On the day that I knew I was going to have to spend the night at work, I had to go see Jon at his work because I knew that I wouldn't get to see him for a while.  When I went to go see him before going into work, I found him on a tractor!  Do you see him in the rear view mirror?


We ended up getting a few good snows and by the second snow, I was praying for summer to come quickly!


Thankfully, my commute to work was on a lot of the main roads.  If you know me very well at all and you knew me when I was about fifteen, this car below was my dream car (minus the tires!).....


Thankfully, I wised up and thought a civic would be better.

With all of the snow, I ended up having to buy a new pair of galoshes!  The ones I had were about ten years old and finally gave out.  I hope to have these boots for at least ten years, too!


More snow came....


Followed by more cold days...


Soon spring came and so did a NEW job!


I'm very thankful how God provides and always provides in His timing!  I was able to leave a job that was very stressful, stay with the same company, and even better, work less than two miles from home!

When we got this news, Jon and I went to one of our favorite places to celebrate....Southport!

We ate at our favorite place...


Went to our favorite park...



And even rode the ferry over to Fort Fisher...


Jon was a little nervous because he had never been on a ferry before...




We went to the Fort Fisher Aquarium...




Here's a white alligator....



Jon touched a horseshoe crab...


I got excited when I saw "whale", but there were no real whales there!



Jaws...



I love dolphins!




We took this picture for Ma...




We also went to the beach...


And explored a candy shop in downtown Southport...


It had all kinds of crazy candy!




Soon, it was time for Easter!  We hosted Easter lunch at our place and had the best time!


I made some "holy cupcakes"!  :)



And I even had an Easter egg hunt for a few friends.  Not everyone was very excited about it, but these fun people from our small group were up for the fun!  We ended up hosting almost twenty people!



The winners.....don't you just love their baskets?!


I'm almost caught up to present day life, so hopefully I can start blogging about what's happening now very soon!

Until then,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment