Sunday, July 26, 2015

My very first Duke game!


A dream came true in November 2014.  I finally got to go to a Duke basketball game!!  Words cannot express to you the level of excitement that I had.  As I've grown older, the way I handle my excitement and happiness has turned into me crying.  Jon is having a hard time with my coping mechanism now, but he's just going to have to deal with it.  I cry happy tears!!!  

Here is us on our way to our seats (yes, I took pictures of the hallways!)...


And here it is in all of its glory...


So, so happy!  And yes, we're sitting three rows from the top....and yes, this was an exhibition game.....and yes, before the game started, I looked at Jon and said, do you think Coach K will be here or do you think he'll let an assistant coach do his job today?!  Hahaha!!  The things that came out of my mouth this day were ridiculous!!


Oh, and please notice that Jon is wearing blue---granted it is his silly Duck Dynasty shirt, but it's not a Tarheel blue!!  Whoo hoo!!

Here are some pictures from the game...





Once the game was over, we went down on the court to take some pictures...




This is me sitting in Coach K's seat.  I had to politely ask a group of guy's to get out of my way because I needed to sit there and share some butt sweat with the one and only!  Hahaha!!


We had an AMAZING day and I'm so thankful to Jon for getting us tickets to go!

If you ever get the chance to go to a Duke game, GO!

I am still a Tennessee girl,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment