Sunday, July 26, 2015

November & December 2014

November started the road to craziness...

Work started to pick up and there was always something going on.  I was very thankful for all of my new responsibilities, but I started to question whether I was cut out for my job.  I did get to go to Florida for a divisional meeting and the best part about it was that our meeting was held right across from Disney World.  We didn't get to go to Disney, but we did get to spend a night in downtown Disney.


I took this picture for my family because me, my Mom, and my sister had our silhouettes done when we went to Disney back in the day.   I think we even have us on video getting this done, too!  Gotta love Dad and the video camera!


Goofy's for Jennifer because that is her favorite...


Frozen for Addie Mae...


And rice krispies for Jon...


I even brought him a little one back...


I ended up decorating for Christmas in the middle of November because I knew that December was going to be a crazy month....

This is our main tree...


My cupcake tree...


Our stockings and pink couch...


Anna's nativity...


China cabinet...


Stove area...


We went home for Thanksgiving and it was a great time spent with family!

We got to see Ethan play basketball...



Enjoyed dinner with both sides of the family...




Played some games...


Went shopping on Black Friday...


Watched some football...


Jon and Ethan went squirrel hunting!


Jon and I celebrated seven years of being together and we wanted to go to Maxpatch where he asked me to be his girlfriend, but unfortunately the road to get up the mountain was all snowy, so we took a picture in the middle of the icy road!


We got back to Wake Forest and December flew by.  We went and looked at Christmas lights...


These are my very favorite!!

My job became very stressful and we ended up not getting to spend Christmas Day with our families.  It was one of the hardest things that we have ever had to do.  We really tried to make the most of it, but it was really, really terrible not being with the ones you love on such a special day.  

We ended up getting to go home the day after Christmas...

Just imagine that I'm in this picture below...I missed the sibling picture last year...


I don't have any pictures of our festivities with my family because both of my parents were getting over the flu when we celebrated. Here is a picture of me, Jon, and my sister...



We also got to celebrate with the Harbin side...




I made Ma some fish earrings!  Aren't they lovely!?!


We also made Frozen cupcakes...



We really enjoyed time at home with family, but missing Christmas and having to deal with the stresses of work really made me consider my job.  I ended up taking a long weekend off from work when I got back and Jon and I spent some time thinking through things AND eating cheesecake!


More to come soon,
Katie


































No comments:

Post a Comment