Saturday, July 25, 2015

Still talking about last year...

Hi there,

I'm still talking about July of last year!  Let me share our adventures with you....

Last July, Jon went on a mission trip to Nicaragua, and I flew to Nashville for training for a new job that I took all in the same week.  We had a long week and a half apart and we were glad to be reunited.  Here's a picture of us from the golf course when we both got home.  We were happy to be spending some good time together...


The very next day after this was Sunday.  My parents have always said that one day they were just going to show up on our door step one day and by-golly, they did on this Sunday!!!  Jon and I were sitting in our living room in our PJ's when we heard a knock at the door.  I took off running upstairs to avoid whoever was at the door.  Once I got upstairs, I went and looked out the window to see who was at the door and I saw my Dad.  I almost fell in the floor right there because I couldn't believe it was him!!  I quickly changed out of my pajamas and came running down the stairs to see them.  I was so overjoyed that I fell straight on my rear and slid down a few steps.  Thankfully, I popped right back up with no injuries and gave them both big hugs! What can I say?  I was extremely excited to see them!  We had the BEST Sunday!  My parents came to church with us and then we went out to lunch to one of our favorite restaurants...


Shuckers!!!


It was the best!!!  I typically miss our family the most on the weekends and this was just wonderful getting to see them!  Little did I know, my parents had been out in Wilmington for a few days and they were traveling back home when they came by to see us.  Who knew?!?!

We also had more Saturdays playing golf...


I got to try Pinkberry for the first time and I was so excited about it....it was delish!


We went on our yearly beach trip on Labor Day weekend...


We love stopping at Cracker Barrell when we travel because we never get to eat at them and we LOVE Cracker Barrell!

We played some putt-putt...


Jon found a crab on the course...


I got to spend lots of quality time with this cutie...


and we made our amazing sand castle that we always do....




and we spent lots of time in the lazy river...









We also went deep-sea fishing.  I've been before, but this time was a little rockier than the last.  I almost tossed my cookies several times on this trip.  Not so sure I'll be going back...







We had a lot of fun on this trip!!

We also had a couple of weddings to go to in the Fall!!

My cousin Jennifer married her long-time boyfriend, Tyler...


I got to hang out with little Fisher!!!


And Andrew got married!!

Addie Mae and I had fun killing time waiting on the wedding to start...





My very handsome husband was a groomsman...


Our church celebrated it's anniversary with service out at a park in Wake Forest.  It was so fun!!


I decided that I will dress my children like seniors for Halloween.....how adorable is this?!  If you know me well, you know how much I love seniors!


And lastly, I got to attend my first-ever Duke basketball game which I posted last time!!!


I guess this means Thamksgivine and Christmas are up next! I'm only a year behind! 

More to come soon,
Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment