Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Duke vs. FSU

It's no secret that my honey LOVES Florida State Football!

And when we found out they were playing Duke at Duke, this was a must thing to do that we put on our calendar!

So that's what we did.  We went to the Duke vs. FSU Football game back in October.  We had a bunch of fun seeing Preacher Man's favorite team play and being on my favorite basketball team's campus.  :)

It was a gorgeous day and we had a lot of fun!

Here's how our day went...

On our way out the door Preacher Man decided that it would be a good idea to put his FSU flag on our car.  When he pulled the flag out, I kinda gave him a look of "Are you really going to put that flag on our car?!"  And then he gave me the look back of "Oh yes I am putting this on our car."

Unfortunately the flag was broken.  :(
I shed a few tears over this tragedy.
Sadness.

This is the poor guy when he realized that it was broken...



I felt bad that it was broken because I know his love for FSU runs deep and he really wanted to display the flag on our car, but for the sake of our car I'm kinda glad it didn't work out.  It could have gotten a few more scratches or dings because we were in Blue Devil Country.  Get my drift?!  (Love you hubby!)  :)

Once we got to the stadium we got to go inside Cameron Indoor to get our tickets. 
I felt like a kid on Christmas morning walking in there.  :)
Maybe one day I'll actually get to see the court in person!

We finally got our tickets and made the trek over to the football stadium...it was maybe ten steps away from the basketball arena.

Would you just look at the guy below?!


He is SMILING and holding Duke tickets!!  This makes me smile. 


But then I have to stop and smell the real roses that on that ticket it says FSU and that's the real reason he's smiling.  Not because he's a Duke fan.
Ahhhhhhh, but it sure is fun to dream.  :)

Did I mention that it was a gorgeous day for football?  Because it was!  Just look at the sky!


And here we are getting into the stadium...


I'd have to say that it was much, much different than a football game at Neyland Stadium.  MUCH.


Much quieter, much smaller, many more empty seats, small band, and no petros.  I love my petro at a UT football game, but over here in North Carolina country they don't know what petros are.  :(

But it was okay.  This was still such a fun experience without a petro.  :)

We were just thrilled to see a football game this season and none the less, Preacher Man's favorite team and on Duke's campus.

They started the football festivities with the Army Air Team parachuting in onto the field since it was Military Appreciation Day.

Do you see that plane?  It's not a bird!  It really is a plane!


And now do you see those white swirls?


and now the red swirls?


Those were the jumpers.  They jumped out and landed right on the football field. 

See!!!


It was definitely a neat thing to watch!

Next it was time for the teams to run out!


Now Power T, No Big D, they just run out.

Different strokes for different folks!  :)

And here's FSU...


And out they come!!!!




pause for a picture of me and my honey...



and here's hubby's team coming out...



Now we're in our seats...


which by the way were fantastic!  Thanks again to P.M.'s parentals!!

Here are the sky boxes for the stadium....


and the fun dance team!!!


I absolutely loved watching them!  They were a ball of fun to watch!  :)

Here's the jumbo-tron!  Ohhh yes!!  :)


and the other score board.  :)


and half of the stadium...


FSU must have done something stupid....


hahahaha!!!

This is better...


"Gooooo Duke!" says Katie.
"Goooooo FSU!" says Jon.


He's a happy man!




Check out the band!


They played leap frog in their half time performance.  :)

Just check out these concessions would you?!


Who serves blooming onions at a football game?!  Duke does!!!!

How about some mini donuts or quesadillas for you to eat while watching your team play?


Pretty cool if you ask me!  :)

Guess what our food of choice was?

.........guessing?.......

keep guessing.....


good 'ol cheese and chips!  And we even split a regular coke!

This was our halftime treat while we waited on the show to go on...


ta-da!


this is right before they started doing leap frog...


Unfortunately Duke wasn't playing so hot this day...


the fans were clearing out...

and these fans were going crazy...


I bet you can't guess who won?


That's right!  The Noles won!

Coach Cutcliffe lost to FSU.  :(

I like Coach C. because he coached at TN back in the day.  And believe it or not I met him one time when I worked at Bath & Body Works!  He was a super nice guy that was shopping for some kind of birthday present for someone with his grand kid...here's how our meeting went...

Katie:  (while ringing up his products)  Oh, I see your Tennessee ring.  That's nice.  I go there!  Did you graduate from there?
Coach C:  No I didn't.  I coach football there.
Katie (feeling like an idiot):  Oh that's awesome!  Very neat!
Coach C:  Yeah, thanks!
Katie (wanting to crawl under the counter):  Do you need your gift wrapped?
Coach C:  No, that's okay.  Thank you.

See, nice guy.  I just don't keep up with TN football like I should.  Oooppss.  :)

So there ya have it, I've met Coach C. before and now I've seen him coach his very own team!

Preacher Man and I  had a super fun time and we were so excited that we got the chance to go!

Maybe the next time we're on Duke campus we'll be watching a basketball game!  :)

Still dreaming of that day that happens,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment