Friday, November 18, 2011

It's Commmiiinnngggg!

I'm so excited about Thanksgiving!  It's coming soooo soon!  I know this post isn't the one that you might have been hoping for....you know, the after picture that I was supposed to post from this past weekend of all of my Christmas decorations at our house.  Well, the Christmas wonderfulness isn't all the way completed.so everyone is going to have to be patient for thos pictures.  I know you're just itching to see them!  :)

I got this picture on my phone the other day and I was so excited to see it:


This is my Dad.  He's hunting out west this week!  Isn't he just precious?!  Love you, Dad!

Did I mention I was excited for Thanksgiving?  In the midst of my Christmas decorating craziness this past weekend, I totally forgot to mention that I truly am excited for Thanksgiving to come...and it's commmmmming so soon!!! 

Reasons why I'm excited:
A whole 5 days in the state of Tennessee.

A bunch of yummy, yummy food!

Seeing all of our family!

The 4th annual Christmas Shopping Extravaganza!

SO PUMPED ABOUT THANKSGIVING!

Now if only I could figure out what I am going to bring to eat  for all of the family gatherings.  Now I know that both sets of parents (mine and Preacher Man's) would both tell us  not to bring anything, but I just feel like I have to since we're married and all.  Okay, maybe that's a lame excuse.  The real reason is I like to cook and I like taking food places.  It brings me joy.  Great, great, joy!  :)

The only problem I'm having right now is deciding on what I am going to bring!  Here are some options that I'm debating on.  Let me know what you think dear family!  :)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars found  here.  (I actually make mine into bars)

Pumpkin Fluff found here.  (I don't add in a can of pumpkin...I add in pumpkin spice to substitute and maybe a little cream cheese and powdered sugar...ooopppsss...maybe it's not my recipe, but you get the drift.)  I would even be up for the challenge to make homemade ginersnap cookies!

The yummiest rolls ever found here.

Really mean, delicious creamed corn found here.  A lot of times I don't think a meal is complete without corn.  I really like corn.  Especially creamed corn.

I also thought about orange velvet cupcakes...but cupcakes aren't too Thanksgiving-ish in my opinion.
But these are too cute here.  Who doesn't love a Turkey Cupcake?

I'm also thinking about making something with apple. 
Maybe apple rings?!  They are melt in your mouth delish.  And with a small scoop of ice cream on top they might send you to the moon.  Seriously.  They are my Mom's recipe and it's glorious!  I might have just talked myself into making those.  BUT I also saw another recipe today....apple rings (like onion rings) found here.  They look quite delicious too!

I also thought about making Paula Deen's Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie, but I think I'm going to beg my Mom to make that for me.  :)  Mom, if you're reading this, here's my plea for it!

So family, I need your guidance.  What are you craving?  What shall I bring to Thanksgiving?  You know I'm not going to come empty handed so you might as well tell me.  I'm excited to hear what you want!  And you know I'm always up for a challenge if you there's something that you want me to try out!

Dreaming of Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Green Beans, Deviled Eggs, Broccoli Casserole, Rolls, and all of the other yumminess that comes along with Thanksgiving,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment