Saturday, January 7, 2012

Holiday Festivities

The holidays have come and gone, but I still wanted to post a few pictures of some fun times with our families from when we went back home.  A lot of these are random pictures.  We did a lot of running around during the time we were there and I wasn't always good at pulling out my camera and snapping up some good pictures, but I did get some good ones with my fun, new phone...and with a little app from Instagram.  :)

We had a wonderful time back home!  Here's the recap...
We had fun...
 going to the Waffle House and Wal-Mart the morning of Christmas Eve,
eating a yummy dinner on Christmas Eve night and hanging out with my Nana,
spending Christmas morning with my family exchanging gifts and eating a yummy breakfast,
getting to go to church to celebrate the real and true meaning of Christmas,
going to Ma's house to celebrate by eating delicious food and opening gifts where you just never know what's inside (this year we got fun things like a stuffed parrot, a deviled egg carrier, rose candle holders (a matching set I might add!), memo pads, pens, earrings, and a drill!),
going to Preacher Man's house and exchanging gifts with his family,
celebrating with his Dad's side of the family where we showed everyone how we make our famous biscuits (thanks, Mom for teaching me how!) for breakfast dinner, then a fun game of Catchphrase with the family,
and then the next morning we got up and went to Apple Barn (my word was it good!),
then we took a trip to Bass Pro since there are none in NC,
then we traveled South to my Nana's house to have a Feliz Navidad with my Dad's side of the family (we had a Mexican feast cooked by me, Preacher Man, and my sister...we gave everyone else the night off from cooking since they always did it in the past!),
and then I proceeded to sing and get the rest of the family to sing Feliz Navidad with me before we ate dinner, but I didn't have much luck, but I do think that everyone enjoyed my singing.  :)
Then we traveled back to Preacher Man's parent's house and the next day we had a surprise party where all of our friends stopped in to see us!  We again ate yummy food, played games, and caught up with all of our friends that we haven't got to see in a while.
The next day we had to get up and head back home.  No bueno.
Christmas was a ton of fun.  And that was a really long sentence or paragraph or whatever you want to call it.  :)  We were on the go the majority of time that we were here, but every minute was worth it.  Making memories and enjoying all of our family at the same time.

So now that you've gotten the full recap of Christmas with me and Preacher Man, here are some random pictures:

Hands down, my hubby always has the best reaction when giving gifts. 

His reaction to things are just wonderful and I love seeing the sheer surprise and excitement when he opens something that he's not expecting.

Just take a look at him below...


I just love it!  :)

One of my Christmas presents from the hubs was this awesome new pair of pink shoes...


I think they're pretty dandy!  :)

Here's a picture of my family from Nana's house...


Love my family!  :)

My sister and I got some fun Christmas rings from our aunt and uncle.

They were quite hilarious.  They even light up too!


I got Santa and she got a snowman.  If you look closely in the picture you can see it.
For the rest of the night I acted like the ring had super magical powers like the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.  :)

Here's a picture of Nana...


and no, that's not a hat I got her!  :)  I made her a wreath and then the lady puts it on her head and acts like she's the Statue of Liberty.

She's a hoot.  I just love her!


Oh Nana!  :)

Here's Preacher Man and his little mini-me, Ethan....


He loves UNC just like his uncle, unfortunately.  (Go Duke!)
I do have to admit that they're as cute as can be when they're matching though!  :)

And this precious thing....

'

crooked smile and all.  She is a ball of fun to be around!  :)  I just love her so much!

And here's a big family picture with Preacher Man's Mom's side of the family below...


...and to think there are still people missing from this picture!  Holy smokes!  Gotta love Christmas with Ma!  There's never a dull moment and it's always so much fun!  :)

And before I forget, here's a picture of my table, Mom...



I just love snowmen!  :)  This one was really random.

Hope you enjoyed a few random pictures from the holidays!  We surely enjoyed spending time with our family and friends!

Now I'm going to go back to my couch and curl back up with my book.  :)

Love,
The Preacher's Wife
















No comments:

Post a Comment