Saturday, January 21, 2012

Recent Happenings...

It's been a lot of work during the week and a lot of down time during the weekends.

Since my honey and I have been working like pack mules lately we've been taking the weekends to relax and spend some q.t. together.

A couple of weekends ago we did absolutely nothing.  I mean nothing.  Nothing as in we ate out at every meal.  Nothing as in we sat in the house.  Nothing as in we may or may not have taken took showers.  :)

It was kinda nice and relaxing.  Just what the doctor ordered.

And then last weekend the head cold hit me!  Not fun!  And again I had another weekend of nothing.

I did muster up the energy to walk across the parking lot to our friend Jodi and Chad's house for her sister's birthday party.  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad that we went.  Even if I did spend a lot of time with Kleenex while I was there.  :)

We played my amazing, new game that I got from my wonderful sister called Headbandz!


It's absolutely amazing!  I love playing it and everyone else loved it too!
That's Kelly, Sarah, and Jodi with their headbanzs on.

The purpose of the game is to ask questions to everyone in the room to see if you can figure out what is on your head.  A ton of fun!


Sarah was all over this bacon card.  When she asked if it was meat on her head, we told her yes.  And then she guessed pork.  Yes...again!  She guessed everything but bacon for almost four or five rounds.  She is precious.  This is that kind of game where you want to kick yourself after figuring out what was on your head for so long.  At least I felt that way a lot.  :)

Here is my honey and Chad...


Chad's card was the bedroom.  Bless his heart.  :)  It took him a while to get this one.  We confused him like crazy!


And this is Kevin...Kelly's husband...


He had Batman.  We told him that he was black and white.  It's true.  Black outfit.  White man.  Yes.

We also celebrated Kelly's birthday with a big top CUPCAKE!  :)


and it was Mexican themed night if you couldn't tell!  :)


I have spirit fingers in that picture above.  That was my instrument!  :)

We also sang Happy Birthday to Kelly!


Chad just got back from a trip to Israel and he brought back these fun horns that have a more complex name than horn on it (and right now I'm too lazy to look it up!).  This was the type of horn that was blown when the Walls of Jericho fell.  At least I think that's right.
Anywho, Chad showed us how they worked.
They are loud and they are stinky.
They absolutely reek of this insane, nasty mildew smell because of whatever they are made out of.

but aren't they cool looking?!

He looks so important!

I don't know that I'm every to sick to sing Kelly or anyone else my famous Happy Birthday song.  Chad and Kevin even accompanied me as I sang!


And yes, I am using a spoon as a microphone.  And yes, I am closing my eyes.
I really know how to feel the music.
Let's just say that we were all in tears by the time this song was over.

It was a fun night to say the least and I'm sure Chad and Jodi's neighbor's love them for all of their amazing music they play!  Ha!

The night wore me out though because the next morning I felt worse than I did the previous day.
No bueno.
So I stayed on the couch for most of the day again.

And that Sunday was my sister's birthday!  :) 



Isn't she pretty?  She needs to come visit me again soon so I can give her the rest of her birthday presents and bake her this.

On another note...

This past week I jazzed up a wreath that I made last year to be a Valentine's Day wreath.


I like how it turned out!

Another fabulous thing from this past week were these beautiful flowers that I got at work!  :)


Just loverly!  :)

And lastly, I have the most amazing husband in the world!  I didn't want to blow dry my hair today, so he did it for me.  Isn't he precious?!


That's love!  :)

Hopefully I'll have some more exciting pictures next week!  I think it's going to be a good week next week!
I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Lots of Love,
The Preacher's Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment