Sunday, August 18, 2013

Adventures in Food Land

I've been exploring new things in the world of food...

My very first Indian meal.....


It was interesting to say the least.  I wouldn't say that it was my favorite.  I did love the bread though.  (I am my mother's daughter.)  Ha!

I also tried making my first green smoothie...


It was delicious!


Preacher Man kinda liked it, but he didn't LOVE it.

I also did a hot dog bar with some friends....


We grilled hot dogs and I took this spread of toppings over to put on your hot dog.  It ranged from slaw, onions, tomatoes, grilled onions, grilled green peppers, chili, potato salad, relish, pickles, jalapenos, cheese, mustard, ketchup, and macaroni and cheese.  Hello, hot dog!  It was one of the best foodie things that I've done.  It was a blast and everyone seemed to like it.  I will definitely be repeating this one.

I also made a holy cow cake...


this is what happens when your small group comes over.  I had to ask someone to leave a piece for my husband and that is all he got!  Ha!

I also tried out Pioneer Woman's White Chicken Enchiladas.  


I had high expectations but I just wasn't impressed.  :(

I also signed up for an online farmer's market.  That will have to be a blog post in itself.  It's awesome!

AND I'm going out to eat my first Ecuadorian meal ever.  Whoa!  I'll let you know how that goes!

I have a bunch of new recipes I'm wanting to try so I'll keep you updated on what's good and what isn't.

Dreaming of more hot dogs,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment