Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fishing...It's What We Do

My hubby loves to fish.

That is an understatement.


We've been going to the lake a lot lately.

Fishing.

Trying to get ready for a fish fry with friends.



We're starting to get closer to being ready...



My hubby has been working hard filleting crappie, a few bass, and some blue gill!



My stomach is starting to growl...


One day when we went fishing we came upon a fire...

So I called 911 and fire department came!  How fun!  I felt like a good citizen and Smoky the Bear would be very proud!
I also went fishing with some people from work recently.  We had a big group outing at the lake.  We went fishing and had a cookout.  I'll be honest....I took some yellow dish gloves to be able to bait my own hook and take my fish off of the hook when I caught one.  I looked pretty ridiculous, but it worked like a charm!
I'm now proud to say that our three year old niece has helped me get over my fear of baiting my own hook with minnows.   


I double-dipped on this particular one!  Haha!  I'm slowly doing better on taking my fish off of the hook without any gloves on.  Just ask my husband....I'm doing much better!

I've really enjoyed fishing lately.  It's nice to be around water and look at this view...


It's pretty nice and peaceful.  It's a good thing we don't have a boat in Wake Forest!  :)
On My Way to Becoming A Fishing Queen,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment