Monday, March 12, 2012

The BIG 2-8!

It was my honey's birthday this past Thursday and I was blessed enough to get to spend it with him! 

I believe he had a pretty good birthday if you ask me.  :)

A short day of work, a round of golf, presents, breakfast for supper with some of our favorite friends, and a big cake to top the night off!


What do you think?!

When he got home from golfing I was in the process of decorating and baking his cake.



He figured out pretty quickly what kind of cake he was having...a BIG cupcake!  :)

And I even got enough candles to put 28 on there.



I'm glad that we unplugged the smoke alarm...



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we're going to have to start getting the number candles soon.  :)

Here's the inside of his cake:



Filled with ice cream, topped with cool whip, and his dinosaur sprinkles....just like this cake we had last year.

I even made Jon his very own birthday card with a golf scene...and so did Chad and Jodi (well Jodi did because she drew it but the card was from both of them)!



It was quite hilarious to see just how similar the cards were and neither one us had told each other about it beforehand.

Sooo funny!

We had a good night celebrating my man's birthday and I'm so thankful for him!

Later that night we decided to check out all of this broom craziness that is flying around on Facebook...



and we found out that our broom can stand alone too!

Hahaha!!  :)

I can't wait to share with you our fun times at the Cheesecake Factory a couple of weekends ago when Preacher Man's parent's came into town.  We had the best time celebrating his birthday and their anniversary there!

Wishing you a Happy Monday,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment