Monday, April 16, 2012

A Run-Around Weekend

It was a beautiful, beautiful weekend here in Wake Forest AND also a busy weekend.

I felt like I ran around all weekend long, but I had a lot of fun doing it.

The weekend started off on Saturday morning with a brunch at my house with some of the girls from my small group.  I made some cinnamon rolls for the brunch and had a little fun while I made them...



This is a cinnamon roll snake.  I kinda thought it was funny.  :)  I did cut him up though and also made him into rolls.

The brunch was nice and the girls were my first guests to eat on my new patio furniture.  We had a good time!  Here's a picture of all of us:


After the brunch was over my hubby came home from fishing since I had to kick him out of the house.  :)  And just to let you know, he didn't mind it one bit.  ;)

Once he got back home we had to make a run to Wally World to grab some supplies to make some punch for a party that we were having for a couple in our small group.  I'm happy to say that my first run of making punch was a success!  The punch was super tasty and I have my Mom #2 (also know as my mother in-law) to thank for that. 

On Saturday night we went over to our friends Chad & Jodi's house for our one year anniversary for being friends.  I know this sounds silly, but these two are people to celebrate!  God really knew what he was doing when he brought all of us together.  They have become some of our greatest friends here in Wake Forest and we are soooo thankful for our friendship.  I feel like I've known Jodi for my entire life, but we've only known each other for a year.

We celebrated with hot dogs...fancy, huh?  That was our first meal that we all had together so we had it again!  And they were delicious!  We also ate Marble Slab Ice Cream too!  I was in charge of dessert so I brought over the marble slab that my Mom bought me so we could mix some good stuff in our ice cream.  We all had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and it was quite yummy!

Somehow Jodi and I always end up watching videos on the computer to find new ways to style our hair..


And then we always try and practice.  Sometimes they turn out really cute, while sometimes they aren't so cute. 

Nonetheless, we still have fun!

On Sunday morning we went to church and then we had lunch with our friends Toby and Mary-Pat.  We had some sketti (also known as spaghetti) over at their place and it was tasty too!

After we left there we had a party with our small group that night.   That's where I served the punch that I made! Everything seemed to have turned out really nice and I think the couple that it was for enjoyed it!

Once we left the party I was wiped out, so me and the hubster came home and rented the movie We Bought A Zoo.  This movie was so good!  We both really enjoyed it and I was also happy to find out that it was based on a true story as well...I LOVE those kinds of movies!

Our weekend was a lot of fun!  Now it's back to the work week...

Hope you have a happy Monday!

Love,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment