Tuesday, May 3, 2011

car shopping

I feel like my blog is falling to the wayside because of mine and Preacher Man's crazy work schedules.  My goal for myself is to try and do better!

So let me tell you about this weekend...

Preacher Man and I have a new favorite restaurant called Carolina Ale House.  It's a sports themed restaurant where a lot of people go to watch their favorite sporting events because there are10 bazillion TVs in there.  They have a TV everywhere you look and they also have some amazing food!  Well, we assume that they do.  We've only ever eaten the same thing every time we go there.  We both always get the Buffalo Zinger Wrap...it's Buffalo chicken fingers wrapped in a tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, cheese and Ranch dressing all mixed together.  It is glorious and a definite must go to restaurant for our next visitors!  We ate there Saturday for lunch before our big adventure out to shop for a car.

Let me just be clear about one thing.  I HATE shopping for cars!  I wish I could just snap my fingers and have the perfect car sitting out in the parking lot for us to drive.  Here's the story as to why we are shopping for a car....

Before we moved to North Carolina, P.M. sold his car.  It was an '02 Ford Explorer and was the cutest car for him.  Unfortunately, the '02 model of Explorers are known for their transmissions to bite the dust every 1-2 years and this poor car had reached it's last leg and just needed to be sold.....soooo it got sold.

Well, one day while I was working Preacher Man and his Mom went out shopping for cars.  (this was probably about a month before we got married in July 2010....the good 'ol Explorer lasted a little bit longer than that and then just bottomed out a bit after the wedding)

So let's try and make a long story short...Preacher Man calls me at work and says that he found a car!  He was stoked!  Wanna know what it was?!

Look below:


It was a GOLD Kia!  GOLD!  GOLD!  GOLD!  Teeny tiny car!

Now this picture was taken this past weekend because we were driving through the car lots and my hubby screams "Katie!  That's it!  That's the Gold Kia that I called and told you about and wanted to buy!".  (I made him get out of the car so I could take his picture beside it.)  :)

Luckily he didn't get the car for various reasons.  It was in the budget that he was looking for but I didn't think it was smart for him to make that big of a purchase without me there RIGHT before our wedding since we were about to be joined together as one.  :)  And I hadn't seen it and I didn't know what we could afford and yada yada yada.  I think I fthought of a thousand reasons.  And luckily everything worked out and he ended up having a car to drive.

So now we are in a different state with jobs and trying to function with just one car for now and a bicycle.  :)  Oh the bicycle!  :)  Just ask Preacher Man the places he goes on his bicycle now!  Sonic, the grocery store, school, you name it, I bet he would go there.  The other day I thought he had went to Pizza Hut on his bike, but he had just ordered a pizza for delivery.  :)

So onto the cars.  It's hard to figure out what we want and what is going to work best for us.

Today Preacher Man's Mom sent a picture of this to my phone....



His Grandmother is selling one of her cars.....the CROWN VIC baby!  :)

And I'm sure she would give him a reeeaaaaallllll good deal.  I'm seriously considering it.  He's not.  :)  Hahaha!

Needless to say we have got some big decisions to make about our first big purchase together.  I just hope that we make the best decision.  There are just so many things to think about.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it....anybody looking to sell their car?!  ;)

Wishing you a Terrific Tuesday,
The Preacher's Wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment