Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Not Pizza, It's Pizza Dip.

The first time that I tasted pizza dip I was over at my dear friend Amie's house whom I miss very much.

I miss you, Amie!!!!!

(This picture is from my Bachelorette party.  I typically do not wear frilly pink things on my arms!)

So Pizza Dip and Amie.  I was at Amie's house when I first tried it.  Her Mom made us a big 'ol bowl of it and it was scrumptious.  I meant to get the recipe but never did.  :(  BUT, the other day I started thinking about that pizza dip again and I found a fabulous recipe for it on this blog.  I told the hubby about it and he was all about trying this out.  After all, pizza is one of his all time favorite foods.

He was so excited about it that I told him he could help me make it.  :)  Once we got into the kitchen though I decided that I was just going to let him make it.  He keeps on saying that he wants to learn and this was a perfect time.  So I instructed him on how to do everything and snapped pictures along the way.

Here we go....

Here's the line-up of everything:


First, cut up your pepperonis into quarters.  (I did this part!)  :)


Then, in a bowl combine your mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, Italian seasonings and about half of your pepperonis together.


Then spread it into a baking dish.


until it's all over the bottom.


Throw the rest of your pepperonis on the top...


pour a jar of pizza sauce on top...


action shot!


sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese on top.


and then Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. 

Also, you'll want to buy these:


Normally you can find these in the bread/bakery section in the grocery store...they are delicious with this dip or even by themselves.

And here is the finished product!


Another view...


And into the mouth!!!  Oh yes!  :)

P.S.  You may want to let it sit out for a few minutes after taking it out of the oven.  Over excitement about eating the dip too soon out of the oven could result in burning the roof of your mouth.  (not that I'm speaking from experience or anything!)

This is a great recipe and we definitely loved it!  We will for sure make this again soon...and who knows, maybe I'll show up at a party with it and you might be there!  :)

On another note, the full-time job is going great!  I am really enjoying it a lot!  Just not enjoying the way I feel after a long day of working 8 hours....but no worries, I'll get conditioned right back into it soon!

Everyone enjoy this beautiful Thursday!  I hear the weather is supposed to be nice for the rest of this week (aside from Saturday) and the rest of next week!  So excited!

Loving me some pizza dip,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment