Monday, April 4, 2011

a little project

It was a pretty relaxing weekend here in good 'ol Wake Forest.

Good weather, good quality time with the hubby, and a great time with my latest craft project!  :)

If you have ever seen my jewelry box, you know that the poor thing is overwhelmingly full.  I tend to buy lots and lots of earrings and bracelets sometimes....and I've sorta collected quite a few over the years.  In particular, a lot of those dangly earrings.  I like dangly earrings a lot...but not too dangly though. 

So here is the latest craft project/home decor thing that I made this weekend...


It's decoration for my 1/2 bathroom downstairs and also a great way to store all of my dangly earring!  :)

I got the idea from here (www.kevinandamanda.com) and I've also seen these frames for sale in a Pottery Barn magazine before.

I didn't really pay attention to the details in how Amanda made her artwork for earrings, I just used what I had on hand and made it work.

Here's a closer look...

 



I'll probably end up moving the earrings around a dozen times, but I think it's cute almost anyway! 
 
I already had three frames from my college years that were still hot pink, lime green, and one was even painted red from a previous project I started but never finished.  These frames have been with me through a lot and I'm so glad that I could take them out of the yard sale pile and keep them around for a little longer.  Nothing a little spray paint can't fix in my opinion!  :)  P.S.  I had to show I.D. to buy spray paint at Wally World the other day too!  I guess that's good if people are still thinking I'm that young!  Haha!

If you have questions on how I made this, feel free to leave a comment and I'd be more than happy to help you!  :)

On another note, the pollen is here!  I have never seen pollen like this in all of my life!  My black car is now yeller (yellow)!  I'm not digging it too much to say the least.  If anyone wants to come over and wash my car, I'd love you forever!  :)  (Daaaaddddd!  I know you want to come visit again!)

Wishing you a very happy Monday,
The Preacher's Wife




No comments:

Post a Comment