Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our first Married Easter :)

It was a wonderful day to celebrate our Risen Lord!

It was Easter...

our first Easter as a married couple...

and our first Easter that wasn't spent with our families.

BUT...

it was still a great Easter!

We went to a wonderful Easter service with a powerful message and great worship...and we got to  celebrate that Christ rose from the dead!  Amen!

We didn't even have to buy new Easter outfits because no one here has ever seen our Easter-type clothes.  (I say this because I always got a new Easter dress every year growing up and I always looked forward to getting a new dress!)  :)

Even though we weren't with our families back home, we were with our family that we started together with me and Preacher Man....even though we sure did miss not being at home...and it definitely wasn't easy for me.

We decided that the Easter Bunny is REAL!  We got a package full of goodies on our doorstep...thank you, Easter Bunny!  :)  We love you a lot!

And lastly, we got to have a wonderful Easter dinner with our fun new friends, Chad and Jodi.

It really was a good Easter!

Take a look at our Easter spread...
Chicken Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Corn on the Cob, Deviled Eggs, Homemade Rolls, and Strawberry-Pretzel Salad.  It was delish!!  Jodi and I put on a good feast!  And we had enough food for 10 people...seriously....too bad we don't know more people around here.  But the good news is that we have leftovers for the week!  Hooray!

After dinner we played some dominos and then had our Easter Dessert...

a Bunny Dirt Pie!  :)

I know, it kinda looks like a kitty cat but this is what I came up with!  :)  I liked it!

Here is me and Jodi in front of the Easter tree that you can't see.


There it is......the Easter tree and us looking like we are in first grade again.  I love it!  :)


And here is me and Preacher Man after church on Sunday in our Easter outfits....


It was a great Easter!!  Hope everyone else had a good one too!

Love you all,
The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment