Friday, March 4, 2011

the little things in life...

I don't know about you, but I sure do get excited about the smallest things in life...

like the things that help make every day tasks more simple.

Here's the deal...I probably use flour 2-4 times a week.  I switch between All-Purpose Flour and Self-Rising Flour depending on what I am making.  As you know, flour comes in those annoying, pesky, little paper bags that aren't user-friendly!  About 99.9% of the time when I am baking and using flour, I end up making a bigger mess with the flour than anything else.  It never fails, I will have flour all over the counter, the floor, my clothes, even in my hair just because of those bags.  And here lately, it's one of the most frustrating things when I'm cooking.  And yes, I fully understand that it could be the scooper of flour's fault for getting things so messy.

Well, not anymore. 

After a trip to Wally-World yesterday, I decided that I wasn't going to scoop flour out of those awful paper bags anymore.  I was determined to make life easier for myself when I need some of that white, fluffy stuff called flour.  So after a trip down the container ailse, this is what I came up with...


These are the perfect size containers to hold exactly one-5 pound bag of flour.  The lids to these things are AWESOME too.....I don't think flour could get out of there if I dropped it.  :)

I did creep into my craft box and found some handy-dandy little stickers to put on there so I would know which flour is which.  I think it's kidna cute.

And I'm sure that most of you who know me really well are surprised that I haven't tried to be-jewel the containers.  :)  Don't worry, I've only had them for a day!  Haha!

And look...I even bought some cheap measuring scoops to keep in there for easy access scooping!  :)


Ahhhhh.....the little things in life that make you happy!

And check out these little guys, too!  These are a great little addition to the kitchen:


They are the perfect little glasses for when you need just a little shot of water in something.  Even better, I think they were only $1!  :)

Now I'm hoping that I will be less frustrated in the kitchen with flour and hopefully my clothes will stay a bit cleaner while cooking now!  :)

Everyone have a great weekend!
And while you're at it, you should get your flour some containers too.  You won't regret it!

Lots-o-Love,
The Preacher's Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment