Friday, February 4, 2011

"nanner bread"

Banana Bread
From
The Pioneer Woman
Pioneer Woman is without a doubt my favorite blogger.  She cracks me up and man does she know how to cook.  Everything that I have ever tried of hers has been delicious…well, aside from her biscuits.  Sorry P-Dub….My Momma makes better biscuits than you.  My apologies.  Today I made P.W.’s banana bread and whoa baby is it good!
I used my cruddy looking bananas from yesterday as the shining star of the bread.
This recipe is super simple.  I actually halved the recipe from Pioneer Woman’s Bundt style banana bread to a loaf style banana bread.  Since there are only two people that live in my house I figured this would be smart to do.
Here’s the line-up for ingredients for a loaf style “nanner bread”:
1 stick butter
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp. sugar
1.5 eggs
 (I know this sounds crazy, but how can you halve three eggs any other way?!  Here ya go....just add your one egg to the mixture as always, but for the 1/2 egg, break it into a bowl, mix together as if you were going to scramble the egg and then pour it into a 1/4 cup measuring cup…then pour half of it into the mixture…it really is just 1/8 cup of egg.  Simple enough!)

3/4 cup mashed, ripe bananas

2 cups + 1 tbsp. all purpose flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

3/4 tsp. baking powder

3/4 cup sour cream

Get your oven ready by preheating it to 350 degrees and grease your loaf pan with anything that will keep the mixture from sticking.  I am partial to non-stick cooking spray.

First, cream your butter and sugar together. 

Next, add your egg and 1/2 an egg in one at a time.

Then add in the mashed bananas.  Tutorial for this….

Here are my bananas today:
After peeling them you definitely want to get your banana veins off! Be-gone banana veins!  I find you to be very gross!
I think the best way to get these babies mashed up is with a mashed potato masher!  This is probably my favorite kitchen gadget aside from my monogrammed spatulas.

Commercial Break:
These are my cute measuring spoons that I adore!  Roosters and sunflowers…how much more country can you get?!  I used these to measure out my soda and powder  I just love 'em!

Back to the program…..

Once you add your bananas to the mixture you will want to combine your dry ingredients together and alternate adding it to the batter with your sour cream.

After everything is incorporated together, it’s time to put it in the pan.

Now after I got all of this in the pan, I just had the biggest urge to put some pecans in the bread because well, I really like pecans in my “nanner bread”.  So that’s what I did!  BUT…I only pu pecans in half of the banana bread because hubby doesn’t like them.




Bake your banana bread for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.


This is a superb banana bread recipe.  You should go take your rotten bananas and make one today!

Have a relaxing weekend!  I know I will…I’m going to eat my banana bread!

Love, The Preacher’s Wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment