Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beautiful Blueberry Muffins


Beautiful Homemade Blueberry Muffins
from Smitten Kitchen AND she adapted the recipe from Cooks Illustrated AND then I put my twist on things.  :)

Muffins are probably one of my favorite breakfast foods aside from biscuits and gravy.  A few weeks ago I made some Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Muffins and they turned out fabulous.  I was so excited about them that I just knew I had to make some muffins with fresh blueberries…so that’s what I did!  These muffins are awesome!  Moist, juicy, creamy, melt in your mouth goodness!  I think I am going to have a hard time eating those blueberry muffins that come in the packages and have little “pellet” blueberries in them now.  This recipe is a definite winner...and no artificial flavoring!  Ha!

5 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cream cheese*
1 1/2 cups  all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put your cupcake liners in your muffin pan.  (You definitely want to do this or else you will be chipping away blueberries from the pan.)

In a mixer combine your margarine and sugar until it is fluffy.  Then add your eggs and your cream cheese*.

*cream cheese….ahhhhh!  Who doesn’t love cream cheese?! Or well this below is neufachatel cheese…..I think we should all say that together!  New-fa-cha-tell cheese.  It sounds so fancy!  I like it and it saves a few calories!


If you want to go for a lighter version you could add light sour cream or yogurt to the recipe.  That is what Smitten Kitchen has in her recipe.  I’m more of a cream cheese or neufchatel cheese fan because I love the flavor!

Next you will want to sift your flour, baking powder, soda, and salt into a bowl and add it to your butter mixture.  Once everything is combined, fold in your blueberries with a spatula.  The batter is going to be super thick so it will take a little muscle power to get everything combined.  I know you can do it!

The easiest way to get your batter into the muffin pan is to use a cookie scoop, that’s exactly what I did below….
Once your muffins are done baking, pull those babies out of the oven, slap some butter on them and ENJOY!!  They are fantastic!
Just look at the oooeeyy, gooey yummy-ness on the inside of this beauty!

 

AND….be sure you drink this with your muffins!  Oh man it is DREAMY!  Caramel and Vanilla….two of the best things in the world besides chocolate!



Have a terrific Tuesday everyone and go make some muffins!

Love, The Preacher’s Wife









No comments:

Post a Comment