Thursday, February 24, 2011

birthday presents

I love buying people birthday presents!  I think it's one of the funnest things to do in life.  I'd much rather give a gift than get one.  Don't get me wrong, I love getting gifts, but there's just something about getting to watch other people open gifts that thrills me to no end.  I think it's the look on their face, or maybe it's a person's excitement about a gift that just makes me so happy.

It's our nephew's birthday on Sunday, so I decided to go to Wally-World (a.k.a. Wal-Mart) this morning and get him a couple of goodies.

He will be 5!

5!

5!?

The first time I ever met him he was such a little thing.

Now he's growing like a weed and is one of the most hilarious people that I know.

Wanna see his birthday present?


Yup.  You're seeing this right.  A six-pack of glass Coke bottles, mini Reese cups, and a Spiderman gift bag to put it all in.

He's going to be ecstatic when he opens this.

At least I hope.  But I really think he will be.

Here's why:
The last time he came and visited North Carolina, his Uncle and I took him to a hole in the wall hot dog joint that served Coke in glass bottles.  He LOVED them.  I mean LOVE, LOVE, LOVED them, and could not throw the bottle away.  We had to wash that bottle out every time he wanted a drink. 

He even drank his milk out of it.  He's a cool kid like that.  Really.

Just look how stinkin'  cute he is....


Could there be a more sweeter face?

I think not.  He's so precious.

Can't wait to see his face when he opens his birthday present. 

This should be fun!

And just think...

Today is Thursday, which means it's almost Friday and the weekend!

Whooo hooooo!!

Enjoy the day!

Love, The Preacher's Wife

1 comment: