Thursday, February 3, 2011

B-A-N-A-N-A!

Go Bananas!
(this post is Live! From Panera Bread in Raleigh, NC)
Go Bananas!
Go, go bananas!
Go Bananas!
Go, go bananas!
Lean it to the left!
Lean it to the right!
Peel your banana and Mmmm, take a bite!
Anyone else ever heard or done this cheer before?  This was a popular cheer at my high school during basketball games.  The student fans would go wild for this cheer.  We get to lean to the left, lean to the right and then shake our groove thing while we took a bite of our banana.  A tad bit silly but still it was fun!  And not to mention, it had absolutely nothing to do with cheering for our team.  Ahhhh the memories!
There is purpose to this….I promise….I’m writing about bananas.  I just thought you might like a sneak peek back into my high school days.
So, bananas.
I hate whenever I buy bananas and they go to waste I’m one of those weird people that like to eat bananas when they are GREEN!  Unfortunately I have waited a little too late to eat my bananas this week.  Instead of throwing them out like I often do, I’m not going to waste them this week.  I am planning on making banana bread tomorrow!  It’s going to be fantastic, too!  I am going to use Pioneer woman’s Recipe.  She has never let me down whenever I have used one of her recipes.
Here are my bananas today.


They are going to be perfect for smashing tomorrow!
Now if your bananas aren’t ready, just put them in a brown paper bag and store them in there for a day or two…….and wa-lah!.....you have darker bananas!  It’s like magic!
See you all tomorrow with my banana bread post!
Love, The Preacher’s Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment