Friday, February 18, 2011

Saturday Morning Treat


I had some buttermilk that I really needed to use because it was about to expire and I really didn't want to let it go to waste. 

So I made muffins.  Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.

Ooooppppsss.

Last weekend, we went to the Circus with friends.  We met up at their place and it just so happend that pancakes were on the menu for what they had for breakfast that morning.  I love pancakes.  And they had left-over CHOCOLATE pancakes.  So I had to try one.  They were awesome!  So moist, dreamy, and chocolate-y!  YUM.

So I asked for the recipe.

And I decided to make muffins with the recipe. 

I don't care for syrup on sweet pancakes.  So that's why I made muffins.

These muffins are killer.

I mean death by chocolate. 

Goodness.

You need to try these.  Stat!

I did add some chocolate chips to them to make them Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.

You can never have too much chocolate.

Here's the recipe.

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from:  Insert in Knox-News

1/2 cup duty process unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease a 12 cup muffin tin or in my case, a six cup JUMBO muffin pan.

2.  Sift together all dry ingredients.

3.  Add in eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.  Once combined, stir in your chocolate chips.

4.  Pour the batter into your muffin pan, about 3/4 of the way full.

5.  Bake muffins for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

6.  You won't regret this.  That's why I ate a salad for dinner.  :)


The finished product.  Super moist and YUMMY!  AND very chocolate-y.  This is for chocolate lovers only.

You should make these tomorrow as a Saturday Morning Treat for yourself.

Enjoy the weekend!

Love, The Preacher's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment